My degree is geared toward communications but I have had a varied working experience; one that has helped me nurture Leadership, Management and people skills. This includes a stint in the public sector, a great opportunity to help take a successful business to the next level and a fulfilling season serving as a pastor. I also had an opportunity to launch and establish an ‘in-house’ publishing company for a multinational non-profit entity. Acting as MD of this company was a great stretching experience and one that has added to the understanding and skills I bring to the leadership context. I currently own Transilience South Africa, a company focussed on delivering interventions that produce positive, purposeful and sustained change.
I have been coaching informally for over 25 years and formally since 2006. My personal style in coaching and facilitation is rooted in my passion to help others to grow and is an intuitive style for me.
Faith, family, friendships and integrity are some of the values that I cherish. I have been married to Riana for 30 years, and counting. We have an amazing 20 year old daughter, Jessica.
● BA (English & Philosophy) from WITS and a Communication sub-major from UNISA
● Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Maintaining accreditation with and membership of the ICF is part of my commitment to ensure that my training and conduct meet the high standard of excellence that they are working to bring to the coaching profession.
● Certificate of Professional Coaching (COPC – Stage 3) from Results Coaching Systems (RCS).
● Training with RCS includes: Executive, Business and Team Coach, Executive Coach Training, Team Coach Training, Business Coach Training, the Theoretical Foundations of Coaching and Personal Coaching skills and the Coach's Toolkit Course
● 1000+ hours of coaching experience, mainly with clients in executive or senior positions in organisations.
● Lead Trainer, mentor and Stage 2 Assessor for RCS. I also draw on the mentoring support that RCS provides.
● Accredited by Worldsview Consulting as a facilitator of the Nine Conversations in Leadership™, Purposeful Teams™ and The Heart of Leadership© processes.
Gordon's online profiles
Murray & Roberts Cementation
Rand Merchant Bank
DSE Fabrication (AVENG)
Water Research Commission
Colgate-Palmolive East-West Africa
Business Connexion – Sasol
South African Revenue Services
Harmony Gold SCM
Various Small Business Owners
Gavin has a background in corporate PR (Sasol) and Organisational Development processes. He has more than 15 years of organisational change experience, having served as a Project Director, Facilitator and Facilitator Trainer for The Pacific Insitute.
He carries an extensive knowledge of the use and application of the Human Synergistics International developmental diagnostics. Not only has he been at the forefront of organisational culture change initiatives based on these diagnostics, he has also assisted in training others in these skills.
Following his passion for leadership development, Gavin has worked with leaders in various corporate contexts (for example: Sasol, BCX, Aurecon, Water Research Commission, ArcelorMittal, SAPPI, ABSA and FNB). He is also accredited by Worldsview Consulting as a facilitator of the Nine Conversations in Leadership™ process.
Gavin also specialises in organisational culture and leadership development and is skilled in working with teams around improving team performance and team development.
Drawing on his many years of experience in these fields he has developed a 2 day programme called The Intelligent Leader. For information on this he can be contacted at: email@example.com or on: +27827809884. You may also download the brochure here: The Intelligent Leader
Gavin's online profile